Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

How to get rid of user account showing only on HD

Old April 4th 10, 03:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Oldroser[_2_]

Default How to get rid of user account showing only on HD

I have two accounts, one I named Administrator and one with my personal
name. I checked in regedit where userprofiles are listed and there are
files ending in 02 and 03 and they list paths to those two accounts. The
missing 01 is probably due to the problems I had getting rid of
test-testpc that appeared on my computer when returned from repair by
the manufacturer. I know I could change the name to my own from User
Accounts in Control Panel but underneath it was still test-testpc on the
hard drive.

I changed the name of the computer and that stuck. I made the new
Administrator account but when I went to System Advanced System
Settings, then User Profiles and Settings only test showed up and
clicking on it wouldn't let me then click on Copy to copy its folders
and settings to Administrator.

I made another Administrator account with my personal name and then
deleted test instead of copying and then deleting. Maybe I still
couldn't copy, maybe I was just so glad I could delete it.

So only the two accounts to log on, only these two in User Accounts in
Control Panel, only the two in regedit (default and public seem to never
show, don't remember right now if Guest showed up, I usually do't have
it enabled.) In System Advanced System Settings User Profiles Settings
there are only these two accounts. BUT, when I look on my hard drive,
under C:\Users there is an additional account:
mypersonalname-mynewcomputer name, i.e. in addition to Administrator and
Anita, there is Anita-TheII. My computer's name is TheII. I delete
Anita-TheII, but it keeps coming back.How do I get rid of it?

And, oh yes, despite all this when I install Office, in the setup info
under my personal name is...test. So test is still lurking somewhere.
How do I delete his remnants?

I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

--
Oldroser