Usb Not Recognized

Old April 11th 10, 01:40 PM
SHAKESGAR SHAKESGAR is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation Usb Not Recognized

Hi everyone

I'm having a serious problem with a ''USB NOT RECOGNIZED ERROR'' whenever i plug a
usb device into any of the four usb ports on my laptop. This started happening about a week ago
and i've since being trying all sorts to fix this issue. I'm using a laptop

Fujitsu siemens amilo li 1718
Vista home premium 32 bit
Processor - genuine intel(R) CPU T2130 @1.86 GHz 1.87 GHz
Ram - 1918 Mb

I have tried uninstalling all the USB ports and hub in device manger a million times and again and again in safe mode.
All the drivers on my mother board are up to date. I have created that registry hack in the regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Usb ----- 'DisableSelectiveSuspend and gave it a value of 1'
Uninstalled all the usb devices in programs and features which was a total of one. Again reinstalled all usb controllers and Hubs
in device manager. REBooted. Tried plugging in USB devices i have never used and still no luck.

It was suggested to delete the infcache.1 in windows or rename it to infcache.bak, rebooted and still the same problem.
I have also tried shutting down my laptop, unplugging the power and battery and letting it sit over night for two nights in a row but no luck there.

Uninstalled windows, deleted everything off the old copy and still the same.

I downloaded a driver wizard called DRiverWhiz to make sure all drivers were up to date and scanned the laptop. It came back with a few driver not
up to date, like the wireless card and ethernet port which i then updated through device mgr(not important) but at the very bottom there was a category called
''unplugged'' Devices (Out of date : 0 ) and under this it showed - Unknown Device - Port_#0001.Hub_#0003. There is nothing plugged into this port and this device does not
show up under device manager. I have rebooted several times with nothing plugged in and this is always the case. When i plug in a usb device into any port this unplugged device
dissappears in driver whiz and then an unknown device shows under the USB controllers section. In device manager now there is a unknown device under usb and when
i unplug the device and scan for new hardware changes the unknown device stays there and if i unplug the usb and plug it into another usb port i now get two unknown devices even after
a scan for hardware changes and so on until i ininstall or reboot. If i uninstall the unknown device in device manager while the usb is unplugged and then scan new hardware changes
it will reinstall the unknown device untill i reboot.

No viruses either

From the driver whiz help menu i tells me that an unplugged device is

What is an "Unplugged" device?
An "Unplugged" device is any type of plug and play [Wikipedia] device that is currently not attached to your computer. Devices like cameras, MP3 players, and USB drives that are
unplugged will show up in "Unplugged Devices" in the Scan Result screen.

You may notice old hardware that has been replaced in your system in "Unplugged Devices". To fix this problem you will need to install a registry cleaner [Google].

Ok, so i installed and registered a full version of UNIBLUE registry booster and scanned the registry, and cleaned all errors but one remains unfixable everytime i run it,
don't think it's related but will show anyway:

Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\cpuz132
Value name: ImagePath
Value: \??\C:\Users\Protools\AppData\Local\Temp\cpuz132\c puz132_x32.sys
Reason: The value ImagePath in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/cpuz132 contains an invalid path /??/C:/Users/Protools/AppData/Local/Temp/cpuz132/cpuz132_x32.sys

Not sure what the problem is but if someone can spot something please let me know...

Thanks in advance

Gareth
Old April 11th 10, 04:21 PM
SHAKESGAR SHAKESGAR is offline
Junior Member

I have reinstalled windows twice since this problem started. One thing i just remembered now was that afew days before the problem happened i got an error starting windows showing a screen with all my devices and an error:

0271 - Check date and time settings
WARNING
0251 - system checksum bad - default configuration used.

I assume you get this after you unplug the battery, i have never unplugged the battery since i got the laptop two yrs ago until after the problem as i was told to unplug it and leave it out for 30 mins.

Could this have had something to do with it?

Thanks
Old April 15th 10, 04:20 AM
SHAKESGAR SHAKESGAR is offline
Junior Member