Vista Banter

-   -   Missing dialog to burn CDR (http://www.vistabanter.com/180488-missing-dialog-burn-cdr.html)

!kalboBill April 21st 10 05:19 PM

Missing dialog to burn CDR

This used to work fine but now does not. When I insert a CDR or DVD, no
dialog pops up offering to fromat the CDR. If I try to read the CDR, it
tells me it has to be formatted first.

How do I get the dialog back or manually start the dialog?

Bill

PvdG42 April 24th 10 01:10 AM

Missing dialog to burn CDR

"!kalboBill" wrote in message
This used to work fine but now does not. When I insert a CDR or DVD, no
dialog pops up offering to fromat the CDR. If I try to read the CDR, it
tells me it has to be formatted first.

How do I get the dialog back or manually start the dialog?

Bill

If you right-click on the drive in Windows Explorer, do you see a Format...
option in the context menu?

!kalboBill April 24th 10 03:31 PM

Missing dialog to burn CDR

No, there is no FORMAT choice. There is a Open in Autoplay but clicking on
it does nothing.

I would rteally like to know how to reinstate the autoplay

Bill

!kalboBill May 3rd 10 12:13 PM

Missing Autoplay with CD's and DVD's

I posted this 2 weeks ago and still have no solution. I'm running Vista Home
Premium with latest updates installed.

"!kalboBill" wrote in message

This used to work fine but now does not.

When I insert a CD or DVD, no dialog pops up. If I try to read the CD,
everthing is fine. If I right click on it, I can run autoplay and everthing
is fine.

If I put a black CDR or DVD, I get no Autoplay and if I try to access the
blank disk, tells me it has to be formatted first. Right clicking shows no
format choice. If I choose Autoplay, nothing happens.

How do I get the Automatic dialog back?

Bill

Mr. Arnold May 3rd 10 01:38 PM

"!kalboBill" wrote in message

This used to work fine but now does not.

When I insert a CD or DVD, no dialog pops up. If I try to read the CD,
everthing is fine. If I right click on it, I can run autoplay and everthing
is fine.

If I put a black CDR or DVD, I get no Autoplay and if I try to access the
blank disk, tells me it has to be formatted first. Right clicking shows no
format choice. If I choose Autoplay, nothing happens.

How do I get the Automatic dialog back?

You should be able to enable it by using the link, if it's disabled.

However, I do recall some kind of malware attack that was using AutoPlay
to attack the machine. So I went and manually disabled AutoPlay upon
getting that information.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/