e-mail-attachments(videos)

Old April 23rd 10, 02:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
NIGHTCRAWLERmb

Default e-mail-attachments(videos)

Lately I have found that my Videos sent as attachments in my Windows Mail on
Vista are failing to open when I double click. What occurs is that they
play, but in the backround with the original e-mail still in view. To see
the attachment video I have to click on the icon(i have now on the taskbar)
to view the video playing. The previous video attachments, those, which I
had save on hard drive are also doing the same if I want to view them. This
has just began, for before, once I double clicked I could view them right
away.
Any further assistance on this would be helpful. Something that has been
updated or downloaded appears to have cause this ?? I don't know.
--
Rickless

Old April 23rd 10, 01:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer[_2_]

NIGHTCRAWLERmb wrote:
Lately I have found that my Videos sent as attachments in my Windows
Mail on Vista are failing to open when I double click. What occurs
is that they play, but in the backround with the original e-mail
still in view. To see the attachment video I have to click on the
icon(i have now on the taskbar) to view the video playing. The
previous video attachments, those, which I had save on hard drive are
also doing the same if I want to view them. This has just began, for
before, once I double clicked I could view them right away.
Any further assistance on this would be helpful. Something that has
been updated or downloaded appears to have cause this ?? I don't know.

If I understand the question...Windows Media Player
is launching but is not taking focus...maybe it would
be worth a try to open Media Player and go to...
Tools / Options / Player tab...check the box...
"Keep the Player on top of other windows" / Apply / OK.

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old April 24th 10, 06:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
NIGHTCRAWLERmb

Hi John, thanks for your response to my problem. You've got it right, however
I launched Windows Media Player and what it did was bring up my whole music
library and nowhere on the usual top area or anywhere else did I find the
usual; File/Edit/View/Tools etc. I was talking to a friend of mine today,
and he came up with the same solution, and with both of you with the same
solution it is very hard to believe that the Tools is not showing up.
Foregoing that I then right clicked on Media Player click'd on
Properties/General/tick'd Hidden/Apply/OK. I then tried to see if any of the
hard drive e-mail attachments would come up and play properly, along with
trying some new e-mails that were in Mail, and darned it if it didn't work
properly again.
But now I'm wondering how to do it the way you both have suggested, being I
was unable to see Tools. Like I mentioned I'm running Vista, would there be
any differance with XP etc?

Any assist on this
-- Rick/
Rickless

.

Old April 24th 10, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
dbknox[_41_]

"John Inzer" wrote:

NIGHTCRAWLERmb wrote:
[...]

Try "right clicking" near the top of wmp and choose "classic view".

--
dbknox
Old April 25th 10, 02:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer[_2_]

dbknox wrote:
Try "right clicking" near the top of wmp and choose "classic view".

That's it....but mine (WMP11) says : Show Classic Menus

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old April 26th 10, 05:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
NIGHTCRAWLERmb

Well, I tried it, although you indicate "classic view", mine also is Show
Classic Menus, but tick on it anyways and if you move your cursor up to
"View" you'll see on the next pop'd up window "Classic Menu" is already
tick'd for you and your right it should work. I tried one of my recent
e-mails of a movie clip-tried it w/o the Classic View tick'd and it wouldn't
work (it was like I explained in my original post), then I went back to wmp
tick'd the Show Classic Menu, double check'd View and the Classic Menu was
tick'd, went back to the e-mail attachment and it worked, so Problem solved.
With that I thank you all, till next time I'm having a problem.
--
Rickless

Old April 27th 10, 12:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer[_2_]

NIGHTCRAWLERmb wrote:
Well, I tried it, although you indicate "classic view", mine also is
Show Classic Menus, but tick on it anyways and if you move your
cursor up to "View" you'll see on the next pop'd up window "Classic
Menu" is already tick'd for you and your right it should work. I
tried one of my recent e-mails of a movie clip-tried it w/o the
Classic View tick'd and it wouldn't work (it was like I explained in
my original post), then I went back to wmp tick'd the Show Classic
Menu, double check'd View and the Classic Menu was tick'd, went back
to the e-mail attachment and it worked, so Problem solved. With that
I thank you all, till next time I'm having a problem.

=================================
You're welcome.

Thanks for the update.

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old May 3rd 10, 12:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
dbknox[_41_]

"John Inzer" wrote:

dbknox wrote:
Try "right clicking" near the top of wmp and choose "classic view".
That's it....but mine (WMP11) says : Show Classic Menus

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

.

Of course you are right John, thanks. I shoiuld have told
*NIGHTCRAWLERmb* to try holding down "ctrl" and then pressing "m" to
toggle between views.
Oh well all's well that ends well.

--
dbknox