Windows 7 file synch acting crazy

Old April 26th 10, 11:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
CANews

Default Windows 7 file synch acting crazy

Hi I'm having problems with Windows Sync working with Offline Files. The
following are
symptoms that I'm seeing. Unless otherwise noted, treat them as though
they are completely separate items as they don't always occur together:
1.
I'll find undeleted .TMP files left over after
working with the associated Excel, Word, etc. file. These are left over even
though the files and applications were closed / terminated normally. When I
run Sync, these.TMP files show up as unresolved sync errors.
2.
When I take action to resolve to resolve the conflicts
noted in #1 by deleting the files, they don't disappear from the
application interface until I close the sync application. If I close and
reopen
the app, the conflicts no longer show up; however if I then run SYNC again,
the
app still tells me there are sync conflicts although they are not listed.
The
only thing that will fix this last part of the problem is a reboot. Note
that
#2 always results when #1 occurs.
3.
Occasionally, file writes will take a very long time to
process. This may or may not result in #1 or #2, and as a matter of fact
it's very difficult to know for sure. However I suspect that this does
happen. About 20 minutes ago I saved a file and noticed the delay. I checked
the security log because I had noted something similar in the past.
*enableoplocks is on for server
* log entry follows.
replaced user/domain name with user/domain

Log Name: Security
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing
Date: 4/26/2010 2:40:38 PM
Event ID: 4656
Task Category: File System
Level: Information
A handle to an object was requested.
Security ID: domain\username

Account Name: Username
Account Domain: DomainName
Logon ID: 0x3dc27
Object:
Object Server: Security
Object Type: File
Object Name: C:\Windows\System32\eventvwr.msc
Handle ID: 0x0
Process Information:
Process ID: 0x1e58
Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe
Access Request Information:
Transaction ID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Accesses: READ_CONTROL
SYNCHRONIZE
WriteData
(or AddFile)
ApendData
(or AddSubdirectory or CreatePipeInstance)
WriteEA
ReadAttributes
WriteAttributes
Access Reasons: READ_CONTROL: Granted
by DA;;0x1200a9;;;BA)
SYNCHRONIZE: Granted
by DA;;0x1200a9;;;BA)
WriteData
(or AddFile): Not granted
AppendData
(or AddSubdirectory or CreatePipeInstance): Not granted
WriteEA: Not
granted
ReadAttributes: Granted
by ACE on parent folder DA;;0x1301bf;;;BA)
WriteAttributes: Not
granted
Access Mask: 0x120196
Privileges Used for Access Check: -
Restricted SID Count: 0
Event Xml:
Event
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"
System
Provider
Name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing"
Guid="{54849625-5478-4994-A5BA-3E3B0328C30D}" /
EventID4656/EventID
Version1/Version
Level0/Level
Task12800/Task
Opcode0/Opcode
Keywords0x8010000000000000/Keywords
TimeCreated
SystemTime="2010-04-26T19:40:38.187635000Z" /
EventRecordID2522057/EventRecordID
Correlation /
Execution ProcessID="644"
ThreadID="664" /
ChannelSecurity/Channel
ComputerPC191USer.domain.net/Computer
Security /
/System
EventData
Data
Name="SubjectUserSid"S-1-5-21-790525478-1292428093-839522115-3147/Data
Data

Thank You for reading this and I appreciate any help?

Carlo

Old May 7th 10, 07:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
cgosney

Hi

Did you ever manage to resolves this issue? I have had exactly the same
problems with TMP files for a few months now ...

Thanks.

---