Vista Banter

-   -   Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery (http://www.vistabanter.com/180771-ide-hard-drive-data-recovery.html)

Walter Goldschmidt[_3_] May 3rd 10 07:45 AM

Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery

I have an Ide internal hard drive I replaced in my computer and I need one
of those devices that you plug the drive into and then plug a USB into your
computer so you can access the data on the old drive. What is that device
called.

Walt

LVTravel May 3rd 10 08:17 AM

"Walter Goldschmidt" wrote in message
I have an Ide internal hard drive I replaced in my computer and I need one
of those devices that you plug the drive into and then plug a USB into
your computer so you can access the data on the old drive. What is that
device called.

Walt

External Hard drive enclosure. Google it for many sources.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...nal-Enclosures
is one but again many more and possibly cheaper than neweggs.

Ensure that it will accept IDE (or PATA) drive, not SATA drive which is a
different interface with the drive.

Bill Kearney[_2_] May 5th 10 12:47 AM

Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery

"Walter Goldschmidt" wrote in message
I have an Ide internal hard drive I replaced in my computer and I need one
of those devices that you plug the drive into and then plug a USB into your
computer so you can access the data on the old drive. What is that device
called.

USB to IDE adapter. Several variations exist. The safest being to put the
drive into an external enclosure. The quick-and-dirty route being to use a
bare adapter that just plugs into the drive itself, along with a power
supply. Typically around $10 on fleabay.

BrianTomlin March 23rd 11 08:00 AM

This is a tutorial from Jacqui Best about the proper procedure for slaving your hard drive prior to running data recovery software on it. This would also be the procedure to follow if you were to run speed clone to sector clone a noisy drive or if you have a partition problem and need to repair or recover data from a partition or if you need to restore or undelete a file.