Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

My Windows Vista won't play games

Old May 5th 10, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
merk402[_2_]

Default My Windows Vista won't play games

I have installed multiple games on my Vista, like Assassin's Creed, and
when I try to play them, the intro plays, and then a message pops up
that says that my game has stopped working and Windows is searching for
a solution. Then this message pops up,

Assasin's Creed Game has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
close the program and notify you if a solution is abailable.

I have tried restarting the game, reinstalling it, everything I can
think of.

Anybody have any advice? thanks

--
merk402
Old May 5th 10, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Americano

Hello *'*merk402*' (http://www.vistax64.com/member.php?u=160033)*,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

Would you mind posting your system specs?

--
Americano

TRYING THE SAME THING OVER, AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT = INSANITY
http://www.vistax64.com/images/style...reputation.gif
-*don't forget to say thanks, tip my scales!*-
Old May 6th 10, 08:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
merk402[_2_]

well I have a Windows Vista Home Basic with a 32 bit operating system.
Umm, what else do you need to know?

--
merk402
Old May 6th 10, 09:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Americano

merk402;1262177 Wrote:
well I have a Windows Vista Home Basic with a 32 bit operating system.
Umm, what else do you need to know?

Such as your video card, amount of RAM, CPU, etc.

This is simply in order to determine if your system is capable of
running the games.

Old May 8th 10, 04:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
merk402[_2_]

Well, after I installed Assasin's Creed, a window popped up that said
showed all the minimum requirements and my system had all the right
ones, I have 4 gig ram and enough memory, the game said that I had all
the right requirements.

--
merk402
Old May 8th 10, 09:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Americano

Okay,

Well if you're sure you have the right system requirements, then I
suggest, as a first step, try re-installing Assassin's Creed. There may
have been an error in the original installation, thus causing the error
message.

Old May 11th 10, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
merk402[_2_]

Well, I have tried reinstalling it. I have also tried a different game
with the same exact results. The game will start, it gets all the way
through the opening credits and intro movie, then that message pops up
saying that it has stopped working. Are there any other possibilities?

--
merk402