Wmp/wmc

Old May 8th 10, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
harbornexxp

Default Wmp/wmc

Hi I'm new to this site and hope somebody can help me. I'd just like to
know why Media Player and Media Centre do not appear to talk to each
other, as WMC will not display music I have downloaded from CDs. Also,
do I have to use itunes to download music? I've downloaded one track
and clicked on it to play; WMC opened but no sign of the music I wanted
to play! I'm totally confused with this Vista thing and am due throwing
a wobbly!

Thanks.

harbornexxp

--
harbornexxp

Old May 22nd 10, 07:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

How are you downloading them?

If you're downloading it via iTunes, what file format is it? It may not
be directly supported by Windows Media Player in Windows Vista. Windows
7 expands the supported file types, but does not play protected MPEG4
audio files if that's what you're trying to do.

--
Speaking for myself only.

Old May 22nd 10, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
harbornexxp[_2_]

Thanks for your reply zachd. I'm going to follow your advice in regard
to making WMPx64 my default player and keep my fingers crossed this will
work. I was downloading mp3s from Ares which works perfectly on my
desktop and hopefully this will work on x64 too. Thanks again.

harbornexxp

--
harbornexxp