Vista Banter

-   Music, Pictures and Video with Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/music-pictures-video-vista/)
-   -   Windows Movie Maker - DEP Problems (http://www.vistabanter.com/181170-windows-movie-maker-dep-problems.html)

Brieanna82 May 16th 10 05:03 AM

Windows Movie Maker - DEP Problems

Hello,I have been trying to publish a movie in Windows Movie Maker and every time I go to publish, the screen whites out and the program closes and re-boots. I then get a pop-up message in my system tray stating that Data Execution Prevention is the reason for the program closing.  In my Problem Reports history, the Problem Event Name is always BEX. The most common Fault Module Name is StackHash_fd00, though there are others ending in .dll.If anyone could give me some insight as to what is causing this problem and how to correct it, I would be eternally grateful!

Brieanna82 May 16th 10 04:46 PM

Windows Movie Maker - DEP Problems

I did some additional research this morning and found another thread for an issue with WMM crashing. The solution for that issue resolved my DEP issue.  I located the info at http://www.papajohn.org/MovieMaker-C...html.Basically, I opened WMM went to Tools>Options>Compatibility Tab and unchecked all filters whose path ends in .ax. WMM now works perfect!