problem with files from DVD/CD

Old May 23rd 10, 08:24 PM
MCC124 MCC124 is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs down problem with files from DVD/CD

I think I need to tweek something on my PC (Vista home premium). When trying to open folders/ files from a cd (from a magazine for example) all i get is a load of computer jargon, not an ilustration or what ever it should be. Any ideas please?

Thanks MCC
Old May 25th 10, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Guest

Default problem with files from DVD/CD

--
MCC124

You might try showing us the full file names of some of the files
you're having trouble opening so we can check what programs
should be able to open them.

Robert Miles

Old May 25th 10, 07:29 PM
MCC124 MCC124 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name View Post
"MCC124" Hxixtxtrexes124 @nospamaol.comax wrote in message

I think I need to tweek something on my PC (Vista home premium). When
trying to open folders/ files from a cd (from a magazine for example)
all i get is a load of computer jargon, not an ilustration or what ever
it should be. Any ideas please?

Thanks MCC

--
MCC124

You might try showing us the full file names of some of the files
you're having trouble opening so we can check what programs
should be able to open them.

Robert Miles

Thank you Miles,, All I have to go on is, when the comp jargon is displayed, the first line is "PDF-1.3"
Don't know if that is of any use to you.
Regards
Michael
Old May 26th 10, 02:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Guest

No Name;912604 Wrote:
"MCC124" Hxixtxtrexes124 @nospamaol.comax wrote in message
...-

[...]

I haven't seen that error message before. However, many of the files
I've seen with file names ending in .pdf would not open until I installed
a PDF reader program. I chose this one, partly because it's free:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

If you are still using the Windows Mail program that comes with Vista,
I do NOT recommend installing the Free Google Toolbar - it often
stops Windows Mail from running properly.

Robert Miles

Old May 26th 10, 06:42 AM
MCC124 MCC124 is offline

No Name;912604 Wrote:
[...]

Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions

If you are still using the Windows Mail program that comes with Vista,
I do NOT recommend installing the Free Google Toolbar - it often
stops Windows Mail from running properly.

Robert Miles
Thank you Miles, have repaired Adobe and taken out the Toolbar, no time to check the results just now, but will try later.
Reagards
Michael
Old May 27th 10, 05:49 PM
MCC124 MCC124 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC124 View Post
Thank you Miles, have repaired Adobe and taken out the Toolbar, no time to check the results just now, but will try later.
Reagards
Michael
Sorry, but the above made no difference at all, have now been in touch with the CD supplier.
We will see if they casn help. Thanks
Michael