Vista Banter

-   Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords (http://www.vistabanter.com/vista-administration-accounts-passwords/)
-   -   Access Guest account problem (http://www.vistabanter.com/181608-access-guest-account-problem.html)

McAlex[_2_] May 29th 10 09:53 PM

Access Guest account problem

Some time ago I opened a Guest account. As an Administrator I wanted to
test this account now, howeve I am not able to access it: After clicking
the Guest button Vista takes its time and after about a minute I
received the error message: "Windows could not connect to the sens
service. Consult the Administrator." I have no idea what the sens
service is. Thank you for your help.

--
McAlex

tom982 May 30th 10 05:41 PM

Access Guest account problem

The System Event Notification Service (SENS) is a microsoft service
which tracks various system events and notifies programs which need to
know about those events. For instance, this service will track the
disconnection of a device from a USB port and notify programs that need
to know about this, Windows itself as a start, and, say, your Nokia PC
Suite because, for example, you have just unplugged your Nokia cell
phone.

Why do you want to access this account? Or is it just that you want to
know if anything is wrong?

--
tom982

If your expecting a reply from me, just send me a PM - I'm here to help.

McAlex[_2_] May 30th 10 11:49 PM

Access Guest account problem

Thank you, Tom, for your reply.

Well I wanted to test the Guest account, as I expect some guests. Have
you any clue, how to get around this "sens" error message ?
Thanks

--
McAlex

tom982 May 31st 10 06:39 AM

Access Guest account problem

Can you follow these instructions:

1. Open up command prompt
2. Type services.msc
3. Accept the UAC prompt

Sort the list alphabetically to make it easier. What does it say next to
these services (in both the "Status" and the "Startup Type"):

COM+ Event System
System Event Notifier Service

For example mine says (for SENS): Status=Started Startup
Type=Automatic