Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   Vista File Backup - Help (http://www.vistabanter.com/182820-vista-file-backup-help.html)

Bendort October 19th 09 09:16 AM

Vista File Backup - Help

Hi,

I'm running Windows vista 64 bit and I have a 600Gb hard drive, I've
also brought a 1tb external drive to use for backing up. However within
a month Windows Vista has already filled my 1Tb external drive and has
now stopped backing up my files (note: it's only file backup not full OS
back up) - which is crazy - rather than delete some old backups and
overwrite them with a new backup it feels it's more important to keep
the old ones and refuse to make a new back up - Is this logical in any
sense? It's told me to free some space but what backup files can I
safely delete and how do I set windows to only keep a record of backups
to a maximum of say 700Gb? The Backup utility has such a small amount of
options it seems really terrible. If the answer is just that Vista's
utility is crappy please can someone suggest something better. I use
backup for emergencies, i.e. harddisk failure so do not need to have a
backup for every day of my entire life, a week is fine, when will I ever
think, "1st of August 2006 that seems a good day to restore to"? Never,
the answer is never.

Cheers,
Ben

--