Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   How to prevent a folder from being accidentally deleted? (http://www.vistabanter.com/182838-how-prevent-folder-being-accidentally-deleted.html)

anh November 4th 09 10:31 AM

How to prevent a folder from being accidentally deleted?

I have some important files in a folder on my notebook machine and I
want to prevent some dork (like me) from accidentally deleting it both
on my hard drive and on my backup USB external hard drive. What's the
best way to do this?

I'm not looking to encrypt the folder or to hide it. I want to still
add things to the folder and browse it easily; it's just that I don't
want it to be deleted by accident. It's a large folder - about 6GB.

I only need this option for this one folder. I'm using Vista Home
Premium and I'm the only user.

Thanks for any advice or tips.

--
anh

-Jesus loves me but I just want to be friends, so it's kind of awkward.-