Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   Desktop.ini Files (http://www.vistabanter.com/182845-desktop-ini-files.html)

Wandering Flame November 7th 09 05:49 PM

Desktop.ini Files

The threads I've searched were more than 371 days old so I couldn't
revive them.

Yeah I had a question about this...

These files, basically, their only function is to tell a folder HOW to
display icons, meaning in what view/what icon, to display them as?

In other words, deleting a desktop.ini file does not remove, for
instance, selectable folder icons, because it only tells a folder HOW to
display a file (meaning which icon you chose for the file) but you could

Lastly, I'm not sure why these files get transfered, when I'm only
transfering files that I want to transfer, i.e., a couple of music
files, or text files. Why is it telling me that I'm transfering a
"desktop.ini" file when I highlighted 4 music files ONLY, and transfered
it over to another folder?

Thanks!

--
Wandering Flame