Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   Folder/File permissions (http://www.vistabanter.com/182900-folder-file-permissions.html)

Christine Williams February 7th 10 04:32 PM

Folder/File permissions

Hi,

I'm trying to organize my photo files and moving various folders between
folders.

I am the only person using this laptop, I have Vista, I have permissions for
all users wide open.

I create a directory/folder and then I try to move another folder into it
and get the following error:

Destination Folder Access Denied
You need permission to perform this action

I've created these folders and photos using the one and only username on
this laptop.
I own the folders and photos.

I open Properties on the folder and I see it's set to READ ONLY so I unclick
and also click OK to confirm attribute changes:
Apply changes to this folder, subfolder and files is
checked

I go back into properties and READ ONLY is checked again.

I don't even know if this is the cause of the problem.

So I go to the D drive where the folders/files are located.
Properties Security
All groups and users have full control checked.

I do not understand why some folders can be copied to another folder while
others cannot. It's not a consistent issue.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thank you
Christine