Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   redirect file open action to another (http://www.vistabanter.com/182938-redirect-file-open-action-another.html)

Leon_Amirreza April 25th 10 03:01 PM

redirect file open action to another

I have a DVD in drive f: with these 2 files on it:
f:\p.exe
f:\data.txt
when I start the process p.exe it attempts to open the file data.txt.
Is there Anyway (any command or tool or whatever) that I redirect file open
action to another file on another drive without the process being noticed?
I tried mklink command line tool that comes with windows vista and 7 but it
cant make a junction or symbolic/hard link on a DVDROM!!
I am using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.