Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Windows Vista Administrator lost password

Old November 22nd 09, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
tarathezebra

Default Windows Vista Administrator lost password

I'm quite savy at computers but this is tricky. My mom has me set on
parental controls for Windows Vista. She gave me her password and I
turned them out, logged off and then logged back on to my account. Then,
when I turned off the computer and she turned it back on the next day,
her password didn't work. She's called people and apparently, I changed
the password without knowing I did.

Here's the problem, I don't have a disk to reset the administrator
password and I already tried the CMD way to reset the password but I got
"System Error 5 has occured. Access denied."

The administrator password is a big one since it controls everything I
do. I can't change anything or download anything without that password.

Is there ANYWAY I could change it?

--
tarathezebra
tarathezebra's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/157158.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 22nd 09, 08:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Brink

Hello Tara,

Your mother can do a system restore at boot using a restore point dated
before the password was changed to restore the old password. The
tutorial below can help show her how to.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76...store-how.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

tarathezebra;1193447 Wrote:
[...]

tarathezebra's Profile: 'tarathezebra's profile on TechArena Computer
Hardware Support Forums of India'
(http://forums.techarena.in/members/157158.htm)
View this thread: 'Windows Vista Administrator lost password - Vista
Administration'
(http://forums.techarena.in/vista-adm...on/1274049.htm)

'TechArena Community - Technology and Computer Hardware Support Forums
of India' (http://forums.techarena.in)

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/)
'*Windows Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Old November 23rd 09, 01:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Jeffer Larray

Hello Tara,

If you havenot NTFS encrypted files on your computer, you can just reset the
administrator password to blank using a Windows Password Reset Disc.

I have used Lazesoft Recover My Password, which is a easy to use. Here is
guides how to use it to reset Windows Administrator password to blank:
http://www.lazesoft.com/forgot-windo...-password.html

Jeffer

Old November 23rd 09, 07:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
CrucialHoax

Jeffer Larray;1193570 Wrote:
Hello Tara,

If you havenot NTFS encrypted files on your computer, you can just
reset the
administrator password to blank using a Windows Password Reset Disc.

I have used Lazesoft Recover My Password, which is a easy to use. Here
is
guides how to use it to reset Windows Administrator password to blank:
'Lazesoft Recover My Password - Forgot Windows admin user password?'

Forums of India' (http://forums.techarena.in/members/157158.htm))
(http://forums.techarena.in/vista-adm...n/1274049.htm))

'TechArena Community - Technology and Computer Hardware Support
Forums
of India' ('TechArena Community - Technology and Computer Hardware
Support Forums of India' (http://forums.techarena.in))

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'

(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' ('Windows 7 Forums'

(http://www.sevenforums.com/))
'*Windows Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*

The easiest one to use is the Offlien NT Registry Editor. This will
clear the password for you so you can sign in and create a new one.
Please use this one, it is trusted and probably one of the more safe
ways to go.

This will download as an .iso file. It will need to be burnt as an
image. So you will need imgburn or other software that will handle .iso
formats.

Links and instructions:

Scroll down towards the bottom and you will see a Download section:
'Offline NT pw & reg-editor, bootdisk'
(http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html)

Instructions on how to use the Offline NT Password and Regsitry Editor:
'Offline NT pw & reg-editor, walkthrough'
(http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/walkthrough.html)

Imgburn:
'The Official ImgBurn Website'
(http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download)

--
CrucialHoax
Old November 23rd 09, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Flavius

[...]

So you have to download & burn any tool to reset password i.e Offline
NT Registry Editor (*@CrucialHoax* post).Alternative you can try enable
in WinRE build-in Administrator account 'What do I do: I can no longer
log in or elevate to an administrator account'
(http://www.jimmah.com/vista/content.aspx?id=7)
System Restore (*@Brink* post) is also solution if both methods are too
hard.

--
Flavius
Old December 8th 09, 02:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
recoverytoolsupport

All the above are great suggestions, if you actually know the password,
but since the problem is that, the password has been forgotten/hacked or
whatever, my suggestion is this neat program from PasswordSeeker, it
lets you reset/delete user passwords, it is a legal app. and very
useful, i've used it on a few PC's including my own and it works,

--
recoverytoolsupport
recoverytoolsupport's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/147945.htm

Old December 14th 09, 08:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
bombermanneo[_2_]

Hi, guy. Don't worry, there are many people forget their admin password/ lost admin password, and there is a popular solution for those who have been locked out by computer. For this solution, what you need id a second computer that can link to Internet and then free downloas Windows Password Recovery Tool at http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com

With Windows Password Recovery, you can create a reset CD which can be multiple used to reset windows admin password without erasing anything.

ref: http://codeconnect.net/microsoft-new...-lost-password
Old December 15th 09, 06:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
linky1124[_6_]

more free windows password recovery methods: http://www.resetwindowspassword.com/blog/

ref: http://codeconnect.net/microsoft-new...-lost-password
Old February 22nd 13, 12:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
kuloeimy

tarathezebra wrote on 11/22/2009 12:23 ET :
[...]

For lost Windows Vista admin password reset you can visit the following two
websites to download the program and softwa
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolso...ssrecovery.htm

http://www.resetwindowspassword.com/...-password.html
Old September 29th 16, 06:36 AM
jxkinerr jxkinerr is offline
Junior Member

First, you can enable the hidden administrator account on that computer. or you can add another admin account wither her notice. so you can login with the new created account as admin. However, if you failed to do so, then you have to reset vista admin password. After this, you can login the computer without password.

Last edited by jxkinerr : October 10th 16 at 03:03 AM.