ATI Video Crossfire Device Error (Code 12)

Old February 1st 07, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barbie

Default ATI Video Crossfire Device Error (Code 12)

Hi Have had ATI Crossfire running on two x1950x cards without problem on XP.
Updated to Home Premium and almost installed Vista compatible drivers on the
two graphics cards. The Crossfire Edition card appeared to work but the
standard X1950X failed to install as the device had a "This device cannot
find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)" error. Some of the
websites state that you should look for conflicts - but the card under
Resources in Properties says no resources allocated due to lack of
resources. Other webistes suggest changing the UMA Buffer size - that doesnt
appear in the AMI Bios I have on my ASUS motherboard. Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Old February 3rd 07, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barbie

Update - still no solution but ATI and ASUS engineers point at each other
and forum n both sites are full of people with the same problem - so
hopefully someone will crack soon and fix this.

Old February 4th 07, 08:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barbie

Further happy info. ASUS support came back and suggested putting the latest
BIOS in (even tho it didnt contain fixes for the problem). This wasn't easy
as nothing would autorun and had to get programmes running / file pointing
manually with everything downloaded locally (recommended update from internet
wouldn't work).
Once the update was complete (which removed MDU-141 whatever that is) both
videocards worked as normal. Then applied ATI's own drivers to use crossfire
- and voila! as they say in Germany. Whole system still has occasional BSODs
on video mode transitions (but not more than one every couple of hours - but
I assume this is the joy of having a new shiny OS!).