thanks for not answering question#2

Old December 13th 09, 02:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.directx.graphics,microsoft.public.directx.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Stan Starinski[_4_]

Default thanks for not answering question#2

I answered no less than 60 quests here.
In exchange I got only 1 response ot my own quest., and none to the other
SIMPLE quest.
Simple for people who use the stuff I was askign about.

menus pop up ion left & right now instead of organized right or left side
(menus which expand to the either side of mouse cursor).

Also how to keep laptop's internal LCD resolutiuon while activating dual
external/internal or external display, because when it goes back to internal
only, ALL windows I opened on external display get distorted now - have to
restore their size/location due to resoltuion jump up & down.
This can be simply solved by keeping internal LCD never changed, just allow
external display to drop down to whatever resoltuion it wants to if
Videocard is unable to keep up with TWO displays at such high resoltuion
equal to internal. That would be fine.
Problem is internal refuses to stay at its native resoltuio whenever
external display is connected.
It goes back to native 1440x900 only after external is disabled, and now all
over again I have to restore every window size/location that was ever opened
on external display, because it "experienced" a different resoltuion as an
open window, now it opens in the same crippled size oin internal LCD.

Jesus, is there a solution?
One solution is obviously using an external display with same resolution and
Videocard capable of dual output of the same high resoltuion as my laptop
internal LCD whiuch happens to be a CAD/Engineering workstation type of
high-end laptop that goes to 1440x900.
I know that. But I have to deal with current external LCD TV actually, not
a computer display.
Matter of fact it's probably irrelevant, it's more about nVidia Videocard in
my laptop refusing to keep laptop's own display at its normal resolution
whenever external is connected.
Is there a way to allow external to drop down as much as it wants to, but
KEEP internal at 1440x900??

Old December 14th 09, 01:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.directx.graphics,microsoft.public.directx.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
peter

your welcome

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

Old December 21st 09, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.directx.graphics,microsoft.public.directx.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bill Kearney

You're a real ass. Ask the questions and wait. It's possible nobody knows
the answer. Or, more likely, they know what a flake you are and refuse to
help.

You don't mention what make/model laptop is being used, therefore it's not
possible to give a decent answer. Ask a decent question (without being such
an ass) and maybe then you'll get a decent answer.

When using external displays you're at the mercy of the driver software.
There are some situations where using the graphic chipset vendor's native
driver may work more effectively than the one provided by the laptop maker.
But, again, you don't mention what's being used so, again, no answer for
you.

Are you using mirror/clone mode? Or are you extending the desktop? Most
drivers will only use clone mode at the highest resolution supported by both
outputs. Most TV outputs (s-video or composite) cannot support more than a
1024x768 display. There are /some/ than can support clone mode with one
display being panned, but not many.

Frankly, you deserve no support. Start being more polite and maybe things
will change. Until then, pound sand.