Vista Banter

-   -   Uninstall a mouse driver? (http://www.vistabanter.com/183500-uninstall-mouse-driver.html)

Margaret Bartley January 16th 10 07:03 AM

Uninstall a mouse driver?

My daughter's Acer laptop seems to have a touchpad that is erratic. When
she's typing, she always has to watch the monitor, because the cursor will
just jump anywhere without any warning. I'm assuming it's because there is
something wrong with the touchpad. I've used her computer a few times, and
I want to drop-kick it.

She's fine with using a USB mouse, but I'm sure how to disconnect the
touchpad. If we uninstall the pointer device, will that mess anything up?
Is it easy to undo, if we do? When I get ready to uninstall, it asks me to
confirm that I want to delete those files. How can I reinstall if it turns
out that we still have the problem? In that case, we'd want to reinstall
the touchpad, since it's defintely more convenient than using a mouse.

Many thanks