Device problem

Old February 13th 10, 08:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
KamenKaiden

Default Device problem

Hi,

I've already spent several hours trying to figure this out, reading
forums and suggestions, trying different things, and not succeeding at
all. So, I decided to post my problem on here.

I have a Samsung YP-S2 (Pebble). With the device, I had to install
Samsung Media Studio. Everything was working great until a couple of
weeks ago. I plugged in my device to add new songs, BUT Samsung Media
Studio won't recognize it...so I can't do anything.

Now, I noticed that My Computer lists the device as "unspecified" now.
It used to list it as a portable device. I opened Device Manager to see
if it's also listed as unspecified. However, it's listed under Portable
Devices AND Disk Drives. (Is this okay?) I can't figure out how to
change it to portable device under My Computer...and I'm not really sure
if it would make a difference anyway.

So...I began looking at other users with a similar problem, looked at
the Samsung support page, and learned that it might be my drivers. I
checked my drivers under Device Manager (to which it said they were up
to date), then I deleted the device and had my computer reinstall the
drivers, etc., and last I re-installed Samsung Media Studio. Still, it
will not recognize my mp3 player. I can't figure out what is wrong.

The strange thing is that I can sync my mp3 player with Windows Media
Player. I was able to add songs. Of course, I can't see the playlist
under Windows Media Player; I have to open the folder under My Computer
to see the list of songs and delete them. Can anyone tell me what is
wrong? Is it something directly wrong with my mp3 player (because it
works fine and charges), something wrong with Vista, or something wrong
with Samsung Media Studio???

Thanks for reading.

--
KamenKaiden