Vista Banter

-   -   Extend Volume is greyed (http://www.vistabanter.com/183602-extend-volume-greyed.html)

aa May 2nd 10 07:14 PM

Extend Volume is greyed

On my physical drive I have 3 primary partitions (one is active with Vista
installed) and one extended which contains one local drive.
Besides there are 90gb unallocated space just before the extended partition.
I wanted to use this unallocated space by extending the extended partition
into that unallocated space, but the Extend Volume commany in the relevant
menu is grayed. Why and how do I get round it?

whs[_8_] May 2nd 10 07:48 PM

Extend Volume is greyed

With disk management you cannot extend to the left. Use 'Partition
Wizard Home Edition.'
(http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html) Just move
the slider.

--