No detected DVD drive HELP PLZ

Old May 4th 10, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
fubar1987

Default No detected DVD drive HELP PLZ

Ok i have a Dell Studio 1735 laptop media setup with Windows VIsta 32bit
Home premium.
I got board of the XP modded (Pirate Edition- seriauly its called that)
install so i formatted today an installed but got the dreaded "no driver
detected" (the one where its wants Sata drives from floppy)(i managed to
work my way around this by installing the VISTA OS on anoter laptop an
changing the hard drive back.

I have no problems apart from the DVD drive it seems it does not wanna
be seen in My Computer OR device manager (checked for yellow devices an
rescaned for new hard ware changed MANY times)

Iv tried regedit fix with deleteing the uppercase an lowercase things
(which wasnt there anyway) and iv tried the Microsofts fix for
0X0000007B that keeps coming up when booting up (it boots bluescreens
with said error then lets me boot up normally after i reset it)

i can put in cd or dvd in the drive an have them come out no problem an
i can hear them beaing "read"

anyone got any idea cos im stuck (im just a lowly network techiie all
hardware is evil)

THANKS in advance for ANY help

p.s.

Sad to say i cannot get into bios dues to my little brother thinking
pressing buttons while im on toilet is fun an reset my "unlock setup"
password (those who havent had to suffer this laptop this f....
thing has a password to unlock bios then the bios password along with a
admin password....)

oh and my battery is dead so cant update bios

FILE ATTACHED IS PRINT SCREEN OF DEVICE MANAGER AN SYSTEM INFO

the ATA device is my hard drive

|Filename: system an device man.jpg |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19323|

fubar1987