Overclocking Help

Old May 8th 10, 05:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nexusz

Default Overclocking Help

Hi guys,
I have an inspiron 1545 with a hd 4330 with 256 mb gddr3 VRAM.
I tried to extract the bios but GPU-Z said bios reading not supported i
heard somewhere that pc manufacturers cuts of the read/write pins of
the GPU
Some gu ys told me that in some laptops the Video BIOS is a part of the
main
bios. If it is true what if I extract the video bios from my main bios
setup file &
after changing the clock speed reflash the main bios.By the way my bios
version is A14

--
nexusz
nexusz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/204014.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old May 10th 10, 05:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Chuck[_2_]

On 5/8/2010 1:22 AM, nexusz wrote:
inspiron 1545

Overclocking a laptop such as this usually isn't worth the effort.
That aside, the GPU is not a high end GPU, and has enough memory to run
the usual non game applications, and some less demanding games, or games
at lower video resolution.

The general run of laptops have mfr specific BIOS, possibly drivers, and
sometimes mfr unique hardware. This makes many possible mods difficult
to impossible.
Old May 10th 10, 01:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nexusz[_2_]

hi chuck,
what you are saying is true.The bios and the multipliers are
hard locked But when i was using vista i somehow managed to find the PLL
an increase the FSB from 800 MHz to 850 MHz using clockgen & it was
stable.I know that wasn't an achievement but then i had my exams and
after it i forgot about the overclock and i reformatted my hdd &
installed windows 7.When i tried GTA 4 And ran benchmarking i got the
average FPS as 31.48 The setting:

Resolution: 1204 x 768
Shadows: Off

This is actually high for this laptop but need to overclock it badly i
dont even care frying the mobo. Currently my gpu is overclocked from 450
MHz Core to 550 Mhz & the maximum temps are 68 degrees when i played gta
4 non stop for 4-5 hours. Actually my dad told me to get a quad core but
i though this laotop was enough i think i am an idio So if i want to
upgrade can i atleast upgrade to processor to somthing like the t9000
series

Old May 24th 10, 04:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ray02945

whats the Pll for the inspiron 1545 and how did you OC the 4330? I cant find the Pll I have a T6400 and i tried everything for the 4330.