Direct3D Errror...

Old May 27th 10, 12:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pison

Default Direct3D Errror...

Hey guys i have been tryin to get my Direct3D accelerator running for
the past week. Its not allowing me to play some of my games, just as i
lauch the game it comes up with an error msg "Direct3D could not be
correctly initialized...." Basically tells me to restart or reinstall
DirectX. Ive read over tons of forums and have updated my drives,
reinstalled directx, adjusted my hardware accelerator all the way. I
have been to the microsoft page to go through all of their steps and
still no luck. When i go into Run and the Dxdiag, It still shows that my
Direct3D, DirectDraw, and AGP Texture are all Not Available. I have even
reformatted my entire HD in hopes that i can reinstall and run some of
my games. If anyone knows more about this, please let me know.

Computer:
Computer Type ACPI x86-based PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16386 (IE 7.0 - Vista)
DirectX DirectX 10.0
RAM: 2814MB

Motherboard:
CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 1866 MHz (7 x 267)
Motherboard Name EVGA NF68
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce 680i SLI

Display:
Video Adapter nVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra

--
pison
pison's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/225252.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old May 28th 10, 09:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Chuck[_2_]

On 5/27/2010 8:49 AM, pison wrote:
[...]

I'd try cleaning out the video drivers, thus reverting to the standard
MS video driver, and reinstalling the Nvidia drivers. Then download and
install the DX 9c update. It's been some time since I had a similar
problem, and it was not with Vista. The final cure for the XP system was
(of all things) to download and install an Nvidia developer's kit.
Seems that some rather obscure registry settings were not correct.
There was an interim driver version release that actually turned out to
be the real culprit.