Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   File Description Missing in Large Folder View (http://www.vistabanter.com/18389-file-description-missing-large-folder-view.html)

Radiation February 1st 07 11:55 PM

File Description Missing in Large Folder View

Today the file descriptions went missing from folder view in explorer. I like
the large/medium folder views, but without the name of the folder there makes
it hard to navigate to the files I want. I cannot find any options to turn
the folder names back on in this view. Any help would be appreciated. Here
are some pictures of what I'm talking about.

Missing Folder Names:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...scriptions.jpg

Folder Names Present:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...onsVisable.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Ramesh, MS-MVP February 2nd 07 04:17 AM

File Description Missing in Large Folder View

Switch to Details view. Then press and hold the SHIFT key, and from the "Views" drop-down, select "Medium Icons". Close and reopen the folder.

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

andymayhem November 14th 08 12:24 PM

File Description Missing in Large Folder View

hi,

im new round here i am desperately hoping you guys can help me! i
searched the forum but couldnt find the answers or anything. im pretty
stressed at the moment.

i am having a similar problem, to the one above except my folders and
desktop arent showing any names only dates, except on the desktop they
are showing sizes and in the c:\ they are arent showing anything. also
in control panel in normal vista view nothing works, it comes up with
there are no items to display but it does work in classic view. i also
tried the check for errors and it didnt help, i also tried restore but
that wouldnt work, it would open a window for 1second and close it.

please help me!!

--
andymayhem