Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Windows mail syncronization with other mail server

Old September 7th 10, 08:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
AHA

Default Windows mail syncronization with other mail server

I recently configured windows mail and configured it for synconization with
t-online mailserver. Standard configuration was that the mails on the other
mailserver will be deleted after 5 days. However, all incoming mails on my
t-online mailserver have been deleted immediately after they were transfered
to windows mail. Questions:
1. who is responsible for that?
2. How can I get the mails back to my t-online mailserver?
Old September 7th 10, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Is there another computer or device (smartphone?) checking that same
mail account? Other than that, I don't know what might cause that.
Try unchecking the 'delete after 5 days' setting. Does that make a difference?

Unless your provider also offers the IMAP protocol, there is no easy way
to move mail back to the server with a POP account. You'd have to
forward each email back to yourself.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Old September 8th 10, 09:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
AHA

Thanks for having answered. I check the same mail account with outlook but on
the same device. Outlook I configured long time ago as such that all messages
should remain on the origin server. It never happened that messages would
have been deleted earlier. I changed the configuration on windows mail into
keeping stored all messages on the origin server. It works now but that does
not solve the problem of the earlier deleted messages. As I see it the
standard configuration simply did not keep what it was promising.

.

Old September 8th 10, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Good to hear that no more messages are being deleted after disabling
the 'delete after 5 days' setting. I've never used that setting, so I don’t
know how reliable it is. All development on Windows Mail was stopped
abruptly in July 2006, so a number of bugs remain. Microsoft recommends
upgrading to the replacement program, Windows Live Mail. The latest
version of that program is available he

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta
It will automatically import all your Windows Mail data.

Old September 9th 10, 12:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
AHA

Thanks. The package including Live Mail seems to be a Beta Version. Does it
mean that it is not yet a tested version?

Old September 9th 10, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
R. C. White

Hi, AHA.

Many of us have been using the "Wave 4" beta version of Windows Live
Essentials for a month or so. It has its good and bad points, as compared
to the Wave 3 version that has been in use for about a year.

Have another look at that website.
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta

Just under the big blue banner there is a line that says, "Get the current
version of Essentials instead." Click this to get the "non-beta" version.

Personally, I usually go with the latest version available. Even with a few
bugs, I'm further up the learning curve - which I'm going to have to climb
sooner or later. ;^} But, as always, Your Mileage May Vary.

I know nothing about "t-online mailserver".

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP
Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Good to hear that no more messages are being deleted after disabling
the 'delete after 5 days' setting. I've never used that setting, so I don’t
know how reliable it is. All development on Windows Mail was stopped
abruptly in July 2006, so a number of bugs remain. Microsoft recommends
upgrading to the replacement program, Windows Live Mail. The latest
version of that program is available he

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta
It will automatically import all your Windows Mail data.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

news

Old September 10th 10, 12:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

It's an improved beta version, meaning fewer bugs than the previous beta
version. However, I like it better than the previous released version, and I
use it for all my email and newsgroups. You can run Windows Live Mail
and Windows Mail simultaneously (as I do) for a lengthy trial to compare
the two.