Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

cant login to windows mail

Old September 8th 10, 11:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
KB

Default cant login to windows mail

every time i login try to log into my windows mail it says that i need to
verify the login i do it over and over again ang i have never gotten it set
up help me please
Old September 8th 10, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Dave N9

There is no login for the Windows Mail program.
You do need to enter the username & password to connect to your email
account on its server.
Are you perhaps trying to access a free Yahoo account, that doesn't have
POP3 access?

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

Old September 9th 10, 02:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
km

I have experienced the same problem today. Yesterday I couldn't empty the
deleted files.

Old September 9th 10, 05:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

When you get that repeated prompt for username and password, click Cancel,
which should then produce an error message. Right-click on your error message,
copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without
the complete error message.

First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail.
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is
account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is
to delete that corrupted mail account, restart Windows Mail, then
recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem,
consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to
suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.
http://download.live.com/wlmail

For more on why email scanning in your antivirus is bad, see:
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)