Movie Maker is making my hair fall out please help

Old December 24th 09, 09:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
kez[_2_]

Default Movie Maker is making my hair fall out please help

I have searched through the threads to see if I can find help but no
luck.

I have a year of small home video clips all Avi. I imported them to
windows movie maker and made a story board. I can watch the movie. When
I hit publish to dvd it takes me to windows dvd movie maker. I hit burn.
The latest video which works in a dvd player only did the first three
frames then the whole dvd was black with no sound. I did a windows
update today, still the same

I have also tried to publish the movie to my computer it always
crashes. I do not have an option to save as and place it elsewhere its
always a movie maker file prompt.

I tried using nero but my videos are all over the place where as
windows movie maker there all in sequence as I imported them there.

I know this sounds confusing , my video gift is two weeks late
already

I do not understand codecs etc ....

so if anyone who can help me in basic terms that would be appreciated

--
kez

Old December 24th 09, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
PapaJohn

For starters, if you make a new project with just a couple of your avi
files, can you sucessfully save it to a movie (wmv file) and play it?
--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org

Old December 25th 09, 01:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
kez[_3_]

'PapaJohn.org' (http://www.papajohn.org)

"kez" wrote in message

[...]

thanks Papa Jon for quick response

I opened up a new project and hit save as, it only allows me to save it
as a windows movie maker project- there is no option for other formats
such as wmv.
The problem I have in my wmm the film is in order ,to use another
software such as nero etc... I will have to sort through all my videos
again which was extremely time consuming.

I tried to make another dvd with a smaller film and the same thing
happened first two minutes was fine thent he screen was black with no
sound. so it is burning but then stops.

How can I change the whole wmm project which is approc 60 minutes long?
Can it be copied and pasted into another program (not nero tried that)

any help is thankful

happy holidays

--
kez

Old December 25th 09, 02:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
PapaJohn

In Vista's Movie Maker 6, you use the publish option to make a movie from
your project, not the save one.

--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org

Old December 25th 09, 12:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
kez[_4_]

'PapaJohn.org' ('PapaJohn.org' (http://www.papajohn.org))

"kez" wrote in message

[...]

Hi Jon,
I have published it to my computer as well as published to a dvd to no
avail. I am not sure what vista movie maker it is it came with my laptop
Hp 2 years ago
thanks
Kez

--