SONY DV HANDYCAM CAMCORDER, MODEL DCR-TRV27

Old February 11th 10, 01:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
diane in seattle

Default SONY DV HANDYCAM CAMCORDER, MODEL DCR-TRV27

I know there has been some discussion about this, but not my exact model. i
bought it used from a guy with no case, lens cap, software or cable. I asked
Sony for help & a nice woman told me I needed to buy a certain cable, which I
did. She said my camera would work with Windows Movie Maker.

It doesn't. Nothing does.

I checked for drivers at Sony but no dice.

Can anyone help me?
Old February 14th 10, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer[_2_]

diane in seattle wrote:
I know there has been some discussion about this, but not my exact
model. i bought it used from a guy with no case, lens cap, software
or cable. I asked Sony for help & a nice woman told me I needed to
buy a certain cable, which I did. She said my camera would work with
Windows Movie Maker.

It doesn't. Nothing does.

I checked for drivers at Sony but no dice.

Can anyone help me?

Did you connect the camera to the pc via a
IEEE 1394 FireWire (Sony i.LINK) connection.

If the AutoPlay screen is not appearing...the following
articles may help:

Windows Vista -
How To Change AutoPlay Settings
http://tinyurl.com/y8oneuy
or.....
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...oPlay-settings

Windows Vista -
Troubleshoot AutoPlay problems
http://tinyurl.com/yhdh9pj
or.....
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...oPlay-problems

Windows Vista -
AutoPlay: frequently asked questions
http://tinyurl.com/yb2j48o
or.....
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...sked-questions

And...maybe the following articles will offer some ideas:

Import Video In Windows Vista
http://tinyurl.com/lz8y8m
or.....
http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-v...windows-vista/

Download video from your camera to your computer
http://tinyurl.com/knj9k
or.....
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u.../DLmovies.mspx

Windows Vista -