Vista Banter

-   Music, Pictures and Video with Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/music-pictures-video-vista/)
-   -   Problems Installing Divx (http://www.vistabanter.com/185306-problems-installing-divx.html)

Connie[_3_] March 28th 10 08:14 PM

Problems Installing Divx

My computer crashed and I'm trying to install Divx codec. I thought I only
needed the codec but the file would not play so I downloaded all four
components. Now it will play in the Divx player but as soon as I set WMP as
my default I get a message the WMP does not support the file. They are all
..avi files. Just to test, I tried the same files on another PC and they play
fine. Can anyone suggest what I need to do?