Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Restore problem!

Old May 12th 10, 01:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
bushi1

Default Restore problem!

Hi there
Im new in your forum and also in Vista World!

I got a Hp laptop AMD Turion x2 64 2.00 Ghz, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB HDD!
Im having a problem, since my laptop is new, i couldn't install other OS
except Vista (or i could manage it with some serious changes on the
system, which i didn't accept to do)

So, since I'm new in Vista i don't know much about that! Im having a
issue with this laptop a kind of System Restore every time I restart my
computer!
In case that I don't know that the SR is, let me explain my problem

For example: My default folder view is showed only by NAME (like, HDD,
DVD-RW etc). So, i arrange icons by columns (like: name, total size,
free size etc etc). I do that for my desire. When i shut down the
computer, and start it after a while, it goes back to the VISTA DESIRE,
showing again on the folders only NAME, nothing else, like total size,
free size...

So I have to do again the same thing like putting a tick to all those
columns to show up!
Another thing is for example, when i make some changes on a program,
like WINAMP (something like, hide Album ART, hide MEDIA PLAYLIST, use
GLOBAL HOTKEYS etc) and play some music in that everything goes OK. As
soon as I restart the program, Winamp, or the entire PC, it keeps
showing again the same things, liek i didn't disable those thing
before!
Everything goes like the original start up of the program. No matter if
i do those changes or not!
I just took the WINAMP example, cuz its happening with all the programs,
like WMP, VLC, MSN, MOZILLA, Google Chrome, IE8 etc etc!

Or, if I want to change a thing like "START THE PROGRAM when the WINDOWS
START'S" it gives the the pop-up that system changing things and then i
go there and click if i wan't to deny or allow that program to start
when the windows starts! So i click deny!
When i restart the PC, its still there no matter that i selected
permit-denny-allow!
Nothing happens!

Every single change that i made for my own desire, after i restart the
program or the PC, it goes back like i didn't disable those things that
i don'T want!
And its annoying to do those changes every time I go on the PC

So, this has to do with System Restore of VISTA or NOT!
Can I change anything to stop this restore thing that keeps showing
every time I restart my LAPTOP!

Thnx

--
bushi1