Vista Banter

-   Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/performance-maintainance-windows-vista/)
-   -   Absurd alledged disk writes when running backup (http://www.vistabanter.com/186116-absurd-alledged-disk-writes-when-running-backup.html)

Lieutenant Scott October 10th 11 02:30 AM

Absurd alledged disk writes when running backup

I wanted to see how fast I was backing up to my USB portable drive using EaseUs backup, so I looked in the task manager, see:
http://www.hucker.plus.com/temp/backup.jpg

It appears to have written 2.6TB in a few minutes. I know it hasn't, it's only a 500GB drive. It claims to be writing about 10GB per second which would finish the backup in 50 seconds, but it takes a few hours.

Any ideas what's going on?

--
http://www.petersparrots.com
http://www.petersphotos.com