Vista Banter

-   Security and Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/security-windows-vista/)
-   -   startup programs (http://www.vistabanter.com/186511-startup-programs.html)

dido22 January 9th 11 12:19 PM

startup programs

Hello,

I am suddenly getting a warning message 'Windows has blocked some startup
programs' from the notification area whenever I boot up.

It is not a major problem, I have googled the problem, I know what to do, I
know what it means.

What I don't understand is why it has just started to happen?

I have run Vista for a long time, it is kept up to date, I install updates
whenever I am told to.

I have windows defender turned off, I have an up to date version of Norton
running.

What has changed ?

Thanks for all ideas

KK

Andrew Rossmann January 9th 11 12:42 PM

startup programs

In article ,
says...
I am suddenly getting a warning message 'Windows has blocked some

startup
programs' from the notification area whenever I boot up.

It is not a major problem, I have googled the problem, I know what to do, I
know what it means.

What I don't understand is why it has just started to happen?

I have run Vista for a long time, it is kept up to date, I install updates
whenever I am told to.

I have windows defender turned off, I have an up to date version of Norton
running.

What has changed ?

What files were blocked? Maybe it was a Windows Update that updated the
list of problem programs.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross

bruno February 14th 11 04:06 PM

startup programs

dido22 wrote on 01/09/2011 08:19 ET :
Hello,

I am suddenly getting a warning message 'Windows has blocked some startup
programs' from the notification area whenever I boot up.

It is not a major problem, I have googled the problem, I know what to do, I
know what it means.

What I don't understand is why it has just started to happen?

I have run Vista for a long time, it is kept up to date, I install updates
whenever I am told to.

I have windows defender turned off, I have an up to date version of Norton
running.

What has changed ?

Thanks for all ideas

KK

trying to install an antispyware software (like spybot search and destry) and
launch a virus scan depth

pieroket February 14th 11 04:09 PM

startup programs

dido22 wrote on 01/09/2011 08:19 ET :
Hello,

I am suddenly getting a warning message 'Windows has blocked some startup
programs' from the notification area whenever I boot up.

It is not a major problem, I have googled the problem, I know what to do, I
know what it means.

What I don't understand is why it has just started to happen?

I have run Vista for a long time, it is kept up to date, I install updates
whenever I am told to.

I have windows defender turned off, I have an up to date version of Norton
running.

What has changed ?

Thanks for all ideas

KK

http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html
"Spybot Search & destroy" is a freeware ^^