Vista Banter

-   General Vista Help and Support (http://www.vistabanter.com/general-vista-help-support/)
-   -   Re-size partition (http://www.vistabanter.com/186537-re-size-partition.html)

TC[_3_] January 18th 12 05:31 PM

Re-size partition

Hi,

On my Vista notebook everything has been dumped into one large partition
which I want to shrink to make room for other partitions. What tool do I
use to re-size the NTFS file system on Vista 64-bit? Preferably
something free.
Thank you.

webster72n January 18th 12 05:58 PM

Re-size partition

TC wrote:
Hi,

On my Vista notebook everything has been dumped into one large partition
which I want to shrink to make room for other partitions. What tool do I
use to re-size the NTFS file system on Vista 64-bit? Preferably
something free.
Thank you.

EASEUS Partition Master, Home Edition.

Harry.

David H. Lipman January 18th 12 07:02 PM

Re-size partition

From: "TC"

| Hi,
|
| On my Vista notebook everything has been dumped into one large partition
| which I want to shrink to make room for other partitions. What tool do I
| use to re-size the NTFS file system on Vista 64-bit? Preferably
| something free.
| Thank you.

Why ?

What do you think you'll gain ?

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Andrew Rossmann January 18th 12 10:12 PM

Re-size partition

In article ,
says...
On my Vista notebook everything has been dumped into one large

partition
which I want to shrink to make room for other partitions. What tool do I
use to re-size the NTFS file system on Vista 64-bit? Preferably
something free.

You may be able to use the standard Windows tools. Go to Computer
Management, then Disk Management. Right-click the partition and choose
'Shrink Volume...'. It will check and see how much you can shrink it.

You may need to do a defrag first to open up some space.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross

Jim[_65_] January 19th 12 12:24 PM

Re-size partition

webster72n wrote:
TC wrote:
Hi,

On my Vista notebook everything has been dumped into one large partition
which I want to shrink to make room for other partitions. What tool do I
use to re-size the NTFS file system on Vista 64-bit? Preferably
something free.
Thank you.

EASEUS Partition Master, Home Edition.

Harry.

Just be careful. I just did this last night with EASEUS and lost my
Windows XP installation on my drive M: I think it might because of two
factors: 1) old Dell Dimension 4100 who's bios doesn't support above
137GB and it was the operating system partition that was running. My
advice (hind site is 20/20) backup first and run from a LiveCD to
perform the task.

Jim