Vista-32 bit OS load problem (update)

Old June 1st 12, 05:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
R.H. Breener

Default Vista-32 bit OS load problem (update)

I finally got a screen with the choice to Repair, Recover or Restore the OS.
I chose Restore and when asked what to use, chose disks. It took the 3 DVD
disks made the day I bought the PC (I posting from the laptop) and restored
from them. All was well until the MS updates came down and were installed.
SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!! I found the MS fixes for problematic updates and
ran that. It said it fixed three problems but was not specific as to which
ones.

It's called MicrosoftFixit.

It booted fine after the fixes. I'll know after it's turned on and off a
few times if it worked.

Old June 1st 12, 11:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bill Leary

"R.H. Breener" wrote in message ...
I finally got a screen with the choice to Repair, Recover or Restore the
OS.
I chose Restore and when asked what to use, chose disks. It took the 3 DVD
disks made the day I bought the PC (I posting from the laptop) and
restored
from them. All was well until the MS updates came down and were
installed.
SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.

I found the MS fixes for problematic updates and ran that. It said it
fixed three
problems but was not specific as to which ones.

It's called MicrosoftFixit.

Interesting. I've never heard of that one before. Thanks for the
information.

It booted fine after the fixes. I'll know after it's turned on and off a
few times if it worked.

Hopefully a good ending. Please do let us know if it's really fixed.

- Bill

Old June 2nd 12, 04:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
webster72n

R.H. Breener wrote:
I finally got a screen with the choice to Repair, Recover or Restore the
OS.
I chose Restore and when asked what to use, chose disks. It took the 3 DVD
disks made the day I bought the PC (I posting from the laptop) and restored
from them. All was well until the MS updates came down and were installed.
SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!! I found the MS fixes for problematic updates and
ran that. It said it fixed three problems but was not specific as to which
ones.

It's called MicrosoftFixit.

Thanks for letting us know, R.H.
I happen to know about the program and its effectiveness, but was in no
way pointed in this direction. Hopefully your fix is permanent in this case.

Harry.

Old June 4th 12, 06:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
[email protected]

HOW IS YOUR MALE VAGINA DOING R. H. BEENER? WHEN I SAY THEAD CLOSED, IT MEANS THREAD CLOSED! YOU WERE SPECIFICLY INSTRUCTED TO REFORMAT YOUR COMPUTER AND INSTALL WINDOWS 7 SERVICE PACK 1 BUILD 6.1.7601, WINDOWS 8 RELEASE PREVIEW BUILD 6.2.8400 AND/OR OPEN SOURCE LINUX UBUNTU 12.04 LONG TERM SUPPORT RELEASE 2 WEB, I SUGGEST THAT YOU DO SO A.S.A.P.! JUST FYI. THREAD REMAINS CLOSED!
Old June 4th 12, 06:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
[email protected]

HOW IS YOUR MALE VAGINA DOING BILL LEARY? JUST FYI! THREAD REMAINS CLOSED!
Old June 4th 12, 06:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
[email protected]

HOW IS YOUR MALE VAGINA DOING WEBSTER72N? JUST FYI. THREAD REMAINS CLOSED!
Old June 22nd 12, 11:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
R. H. Breener

"Bill Leary" wrote in message
"R.H. Breener" wrote in message ...

Hopefully a good ending. Please do let us know if it's really fixed.

- Bill

Nope, same old boot problem. I bought Avanquest Fix-It Utilities and System
Suite and that didn't fix it either. It keeps hanging on boot-up.

Old June 25th 12, 06:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
R. H. Breener

"Bill Leary" wrote in message
"R.H. Breener" wrote in message ...
[...]

No the problem is not fixed. It still takes several tries before it boots
up.