Windows Explorer stops working - often

Old August 17th 12, 09:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Joe Bloggs

Default Windows Explorer stops working - often

Recently when I drag files between folders the system freezes and I get
popup with "Windows Explorer has stopped working" which lasts around 15
seconds and it recovers itself, any tips on how to solve this?

Using Vista SP2, MS Office 97

Thanks

Old August 17th 12, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Groundhog Gus

"Joe Bloggs" wrote in
news
Recently when I drag files between folders the system freezes and I get
popup with "Windows Explorer has stopped working" which lasts around 15
seconds and it recovers itself, any tips on how to solve this?

Using Vista SP2, MS Office 97

Thanks

You don't say which version of Vista you're running, ie 64 bit or 32 bit.
If you installed updates over the past week, the problem may just be the
one for IE (see attachment). I use 64 bit and no problem with IE but I
do get an error now on AUR not running. Everything was fine until I \
installed the updates. A system recover prior to the updates runs just
fine. Has to be something in the other updates for me.
JS

Old August 18th 12, 10:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Joe Bloggs

its 32 bit

No attachment visible, guess not allowed here?

"Groundhog Gus" wrote in message
"Joe Bloggs" wrote in
news

Old August 18th 12, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Groundhog Gus

"Joe Bloggs" wrote in
:

[...]

You say you have a 32 bit system so I'm not sure the update is the same for
you. It's KB2722913 Cumulative security update for IE9. It may be a
different number for your 32 bit system. And it looks like no jpg's are
allowed in this group. I tried to send it 2 times with XNews and once with
Power Post. Both said accepted but I don't see the attachment anywhere.
Good luck.

JS
Old August 22nd 12, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
webster72n

Groundhog Gus wrote:
"Joe Bloggs" wrote in
:

[...]

The update in question is in my collection under Windows Vista, 32 bit.

Harry.

Old August 23rd 12, 03:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
webster72n

Joe Bloggs wrote:
Recently when I drag files between folders the system freezes and I get
popup with "Windows Explorer has stopped working" which lasts around 15
seconds and it recovers itself, any tips on how to solve this?

Using Vista SP2, MS Office 97

Thanks

I get this message when I am clicking my mouse too quickly.
Therefore I advise you to slow down your operation.

Harry.

Old August 24th 12, 02:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
[email protected]

Reformat Your Computer And Install Open Source Linux Ubuntu! Just FYI! Thread Closed!