Internet Explorer has stopped working correctly

Old September 22nd 12, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
webster72n

Default Internet Explorer has stopped working correctly

Rajath N wrote:
Hi Harry,

Thank you for considering my suggestion. Please reply if you need
further information or assistance.

Did download IE9 and tried to install.
When I executed the install, it told me that I already had a newer
version of IE installed and the download could not finish.
My problem with IE: 'Internet Explorer has stopped working' and
therewith effectively is disabling its function.
I am relying on my other browsers, i.e. FF, Opera and Google Chrome to
carry me through.
besides IE there are multiple other applications which stopped working,
i.e. Windows Sidebar, Windows Help and Support and others,as well as
Windows Installer is supposedly not properly installed.
Thank you for bearing with me.

Harry.

Old September 22nd 12, 09:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
webster72n

From: "webster72n"

Because my browser froze while windows was loading, I wound up doing a
System Restore with an undo, since Internet Explorer, Health & Support
and my Weather Bug Desktop stopped working correctly, due to a problem.

How do I know what kind of a problem and how to fix it?
So far I was always able to do it, but this one is beyond.

Apparently System restore caused my current situation.

I am on dial-up and was downloading and installing Avira and AVG in
addition to running Avast, which kept asking me to 'upgrade', when my
browser froze afterwards. While one program was running, the other two
were disabled, the reason being for me to choose between them.

OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit & IE9 w. SP2.
PC: Dell Inspiron 530S.
There are no problems with free space or memory.

Any suggestions?

Harry.

"Avira and AVG in addition to running Avast"

Pick ONE and ONLY one Harry.

It is contraindicated to have more than one fully installed antio virus
application installed performing both "On Demand" and "On Access"
scanning. You can have one fully installed antio virus application
installed performing both "On Demand" and "On Access" and multiple other
"On Demand" scanners.

Sorry it took me so long to come back to you, Dave.
Avast was running fine, except for the fact that it wanted me to upgrade
every step of the way. So I downloaded and installed Avira and AVG, to
make another choice, but only running one at a time, while disabling the
other two.
At least that's what I intended.
Possibly it might have turned out differently.
If my problems, which are obvious in the rest of these conversations,
were caused by this conflict, can I recover from it without having to
start from scratch, as I said before?
My other browsers FF, Opera and Chrome let me keep working on the
internet with very few exceptions, like 'Windows Installer is not
properly installed'.

Harry.

Old September 23rd 12, 11:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
webster72n

Bob F wrote:
webster72n wrote:
Because my browser froze while windows was loading, I wound up doing a
System Restore with an undo, since Internet Explorer, Health & Support
and my Weather Bug Desktop stopped working correctly, due to a
problem.
How do I know what kind of a problem and how to fix it?
So far I was always able to do it, but this one is beyond.

Apparently System restore caused my current situation.

I am on dial-up and was downloading and installing Avira and AVG in
addition to running Avast, which kept asking me to 'upgrade', when my
browser froze afterwards. While one program was running, the other two
were disabled, the reason being for me to choose between them.

OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit & IE9 w. SP2.
PC: Dell Inspiron 530S.
There are no problems with free space or memory.

Any suggestions?

It could be worth doing a vista "repair install". This has helped me with
similar problems on XP PC's.

How can I gain access to this program or utility?
Being familiar with 'Repair', but not 'Repair Install'.

Harry.

Old September 25th 12, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bob F[_3_]

webster72n wrote:
Bob F wrote:
webster72n wrote:
[...]

Boot off the origional OS disk. Choose install, then repair install after it
finds your current OS.

Old September 26th 12, 03:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
webster72n

Bob F wrote:
webster72n wrote:
Bob F wrote:
webster72n wrote:
[...]

Thanks a million for bearing with me.
This just might solve my problem.
Will let you know, either way, Bob.

Harry.

Old October 6th 12, 02:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
webster72n

Bob F wrote:
webster72n wrote:
Bob F wrote:
webster72n wrote:
[...]

That's not what happened, Bob.
When I choose 'Install', it gives me the choice to do that,
but the current version will be moved to 'Windows Old' and
accessible, yet no more in working order, while installing
the new, clean version.
Before choosing 'Install', there is the option to repair,
which I tried, but without success.
All in all my present situation is favorable, since I have
full access to the internet and I can select the above option
comfortably at any time I wish, which I will when ready.
Thank you and everyone involved for the helpful contributions.

Harry.

Old October 18th 12, 09:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
kev815panatkevinpanzkedotcom

REFORMAT YOUR COMPUTERS AND INSTALL OPEN SOURCE LINUX UBUNTU! JUST FYI! THREAD CLOSED!