Vista Banter

-   General Vista Help and Support (http://www.vistabanter.com/general-vista-help-support/)
-   -   Why is FFox at 50% cpu when only one tab is open and it has a blank search page? (http://www.vistabanter.com/187106-re-why-ffox-50-cpu-when-only-one-tab-open-has-blank-search-page.html)

Mark12547 July 20th 16 07:42 PM

Why is FFox at 50% cpu when only one tab is open and it has a blank search page?

In article ,
says...
Note: Micky originally cross-posted to:

mozilla.support.firefox (+)
alt.windows7.general (*)
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (*)

Some sites also reject post attempts that are cross-posted between the
Usenet Newsgroups and other (non-Usenet) newsgroups (like the mozilla.*
groups) because a reply in a Usenet newsgroup can't be propigated to an
organization's private newsgroup or vice versa.

Hogging the CPU:

One of the times I see Firefox hogging the CPU is when it is loading my
Netflix disc queue (which is very long) because a script runs on the PC
in Firefox that fetches my queue information and then fetches elements
(thumbnails, etc.) to display on the page. (It was much faster when
Netflix would build the page with the appropriate links and all Firefox
had to do was load the page and fetch the various elements.) Another
time is when it hits a pathological page that seems to have a very long
running script. I had also seen it with super-long web pages.