Vista Banter

-   General Vista Help and Support (http://www.vistabanter.com/general-vista-help-support/)
-   -   can Start button filter out files from Dropbox? (http://www.vistabanter.com/187112-can-start-button-filter-out-files-dropbox.html)

Laurence Smith August 10th 16 01:24 PM

can Start button filter out files from Dropbox?

I used to use Dropbox on my system and then found it slowed my PC and
gave more problems. Have gone back to it and find this frustration.

When I place a word or two in the Start Search box at the lower left it
returns two versions of each hit. One is the local file usually found
in one of the My Documents folders and the other is the one that is
found in the Dropbox folder.

I don't want the latter to show. Is there anything I can do to
eliminate the Dropbox folder from its search?

Thanks.

--
Larry Smith