Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

OBLIVION AND MICROSOFT VISTA

Old February 3rd 07, 12:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Lisacarbs

Default OBLIVION AND MICROSOFT VISTA

I just bought a new computer with Vista, which I love. However, we installed
Oblivion with no problem, but when we try to play it, it says there is an
error and shuts down.

Any ideas??
Old February 3rd 07, 02:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
HDFatBoy2003

I running Oblivion on Vista x64, haven't gotten far through the game but so
far no problems. Best suggestion I can give you is to reinstall the game
and see if that makes a difference.

Old February 3rd 07, 02:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Paul Smith

"Lisacarbs" wrote in message
I just bought a new computer with Vista, which I love. However, we
installed
Oblivion with no problem, but when we try to play it, it says there is an
error and shuts down.

Been running Oblivion on Vista for six months here. Athlon 64 3200+ w/
X850XT and then a Core 2 Duo E6600 and X1900XT. No issues.

Is it the game closing or is it the computer shutting down?

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Old February 3rd 07, 03:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Lisacarbs

When I click on the icon, it says windows has detected a problem with
Oblivion, and it closes the program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
already

Old February 3rd 07, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Lakesidezx

Try right clicking on the icon and choose run as administrator and see if
that works. I have a game or two that I needed to do that with to get them
to work with Vista

Old February 3rd 07, 10:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
RR Johnson Jr.

Choose to run the game as an administrator or try the compatibility tab and
set this to Windows XP

Old February 8th 07, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Scott S Sikora

You can also try changing the HDR - Bloom - Anti-Aliasing options. If I
remember correctly my game would continually crash if I had it set to Bloom
mode.

Old February 8th 07, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Chris

Hi, works fine here, are all your drivers up to date, particualry the
graphics card?
ChrisC

Old April 10th 07, 04:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
m1ch@3l

I have the same issue.................. I tried all of the fixes posted
and nothing has worked.
Not sure how to change the compatibility mode to XP though.

--
m1ch@3l
m1ch@3l's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24465

http://forums.techarena.in