Old April 5th 07, 01:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Aaron

Default computer freeze

Anyone had any luck solving this problem?

I also have the exact same issue - built the computer myself with parts from
Newegg.

The freeze is, seemingly, completely random. No obvious pattern to when it
happens. I've gone two or three days with nothing, and then had three over
the course of three hours.

I have a hard time buying that it's bad hardware. It isn't impossible, but
it strikes me as unlikely.

"md" wrote:

same thing happening here since loading vista. dell is working with me on
the problem but no solution yet.

"justenuff" wrote:

So, my computer w/ Vista (came loaded) has froze up 13 times in the past
three days that I have had it. I'm not using it for games, just several,
regular applications. When it freezes, I can't ctrl+alt+del to get the
taskbar. The mouse also freezes, so I can't get to the taskbar to activate
task manager either. I think I ran across something that concerns a Windows
auto repair problems when programs have issues. Can I override this? Does
anyone know about this or have had a similar program?