Old April 4th 07, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
LoneStar

Default Folder Permissions

"Malke" wrote in message

You've been given the reason why you're having problems by Michael in this
thread. Here's a very detailed explanation by MVP Jimmy Brush of the Vista
folder hierarchy:

"Many folders used by earlier versions of Windows have been moved to a new
location or given a new name in Windows Vista. However, the old folders
can still be seen if you have enabled Show Hidden Files. Notice they are
displayed with a transparent icon and a shortcut symbol.

Excellent answer. I had this same "problem" today after I played around
with my Folder Options. I just reset things to the default settings (esp.
not to "show hidden files...") and all is well now. I thought I found my
first bug in my Premium version, but not yet. Great OS!

EW