vista driver for geforce 7600 gt

Old February 3rd 07, 03:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Alex

Default vista driver for geforce 7600 gt

I have a geforce 7600 gt and currently running windows vista home premium. I
have attempted to install the new 97.46 drivers for vista 32 bit, but when it
starts the install it comes up with an error saying:

"Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista. This
setup program and its associated driver are designed to run only on Windows
Vista. The installation will be terminated."

How can I install the new drivers?
Old February 3rd 07, 03:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carey Frisch [MVP]

NVIDIA released the following drivers (v. 100.59) a few days ago.
Download the file, then right-click on the file and select
"Run as administrator".

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.59.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Old February 3rd 07, 03:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pvdg42

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote in message
NVIDIA released the following drivers (v. 100.59) a few days ago.
Download the file, then right-click on the file and select
"Run as administrator".

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.59.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows - Shell/User

Yes, and I notice that NVIDIA continues to ignore thousands of 5000 series
video card owners even though the majority of those cards are capable of
running Aero Glass in Vista.
It's odd that NVIDIA supplies drivers for the 5000 series to Microsoft that
are included with Vista, but now appear to have dropped support for those
cards.

Old February 3rd 07, 04:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Alex

Thanks for the quick response Carey, but i still get the same error message
with those drivers.

Old February 3rd 07, 04:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

The Nvidia drivers that are insatlled as part of the Vista installation do
support the 5xxx cards. It is only the latest drivers that have not yet been
tested with the 5xxx cards that do not, so as long as you stay with the
drivers that install with your RTM vesion installation you have support and
you will just have to wait for New erNvidial Vista drivers that NVIDIA has
had a chance to test and confirm support for 5xxx cards before you change
drivers.

Old February 3rd 07, 09:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
turbotoes

Alex, was it the english version of those drivers that you tried to install?
as I also had a problem with them. I downloaded the international ones and
the install worked fine. Just a thought.

turbotoes

Old February 3rd 07, 09:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Alex

Thanks for the advice. I tried both the english and international and it
doesnt make a difference

Old February 3rd 07, 02:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
basvroonland

Hi all

I have a Geforce Go 6200 and it does not even get recognised as such by
Vista. It calls is a Standard VGA adapter. There's a Windows driver in
system32/drivers called vgapnp.sys

I have tried to manually install the drivers (international an English)
100.59 but the error message I get is that there's no Nvidia driver
installed.

Also checked the list of supported hardware but can;t find it in the list.
Maybe it's the only Nvidia card that's not vista ready huh?

Can anyone help me?

Old February 3rd 07, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Vista apparently does not release drivers for the "GO" chips on their
Website. You should be able to get them from your system manufactuter or
possibly from the following link.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com./