Zip files

Old November 16th 07, 10:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Wandering[_2_]

Default Zip files

I don't know what the source of the problem is, but it's probably just a
corrupt file. If you want a fine file compression and expansion program that
will handle most formats, try the free, open source PeaZip.

--

Blessings & peace --- Ray
"Lilly" wrote in message
I have a similar problem:
Using Vista Home Premium at workplace. Been recieving e-mail attachment
every Thursday from "CBDisk-FedBizOpps". (Contract bid opportunities).
They
sent their own CD-Rom to install so as to download these zip files to. Was
working fine until all of a sudden, when it comes to open the file to
install
the weekly issue I get this-"Dyna Zip Unzip error: Zip structure invalid
(Problem reading Zip file)" What has happened? Is this a Windows problem?
--
Lilly

"Waistcoat" wrote:

Hi all,

I've suddenly lost my ability to unzip files.

Vista (business) doesn't seem to have an associated program, and I don't
know where to find it. Anyone know?

I don't really want to shell out 40 smackers for winzip if I don't have
to.

I was able to decompress when I had XP, anyone know what happened?

Old November 19th 07, 02:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Lilly

Thanks for the sugestion, Wandering. I will write that down and save it in
case I need it later, but for right now the problem seems to be solved. I
just took a chance on changing the compatibility program's "use an older
version of Windows" and changed it to "Windows 98". It seems to work well now.
ST
--
Lilly

Old January 27th 08, 02:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Black Baptist

Zip association is still with Vista it might be a corrupt zip file.

Old June 2nd 08, 03:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
CanesFan

Yes, it seemed to have given me the option to extract again as it is now
associated with the program again but as mentioned below the icon is still
not back.

Maybe a restart will do the trick. Anyone have the zipfolder icon come back
after doing this fix spoken about here?

"Pilate" wrote:

Thanks it helped me too, but the default icon wasn't resurrected :-(

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

The .zip file association fix is available he
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/105/1/

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

Old June 2nd 08, 04:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_]

A reboot will do the trick. In case that does not work, you may have to rebuild the icons. See:

Incorrect icon shown for a file type in Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/in...type-in-vista/

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
Windows® Troubleshooting: http://www.winhelponline.com

Old February 11th 09, 01:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
r davis

Ronnie, can you help me out?..... I am unable to post questions to newsgroups
from any computer or windows platform..... Is there a problem with
posting?.....

when i try to post a message, i get a response stating something like,,"an
error occurred, and will be reviewed at microsoft etc..... this has been
like this for about a week now.....

please help

thank you

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

Waistcoat

You didn't give any details about where you are looking? Right click a .zip
file and you should see an item called "Extract All" on the pop-up menu.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Old February 11th 09, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gordon[_8_]

"r davis" wrote in message
Ronnie, can you help me out?..... I am unable to post questions to
newsgroups
from any computer or windows platform..... Is there a problem with
posting?.....

when i try to post a message, i get a response stating something like,,"an
error occurred, and will be reviewed at microsoft etc..... this has been
like this for about a week now.....

Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a news
reader instead.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level