Old April 5th 07, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Slythe

Default "Full range" not working for 5.1 rear speakers

Uhm yeah im not sure how to actively suggest something to the error-fixing
people of Microsoft but I have a bug of sorts to report -

When using 5.1 speaker configuration the option under audio configuration of
full-range satellites does not appear to work for rear satellites whether
enabled or not.
The result is drastically limited range on rear satellites whether you like
it or not.

I have confirmed this with a number of other forums such as winamp and
hydrogenaudio etc with numerous sound cards and speaker sets.

I'm sure its not such a big probelm to fix with Windows KB.

PS. related to many other forum members I have helped out in this regard
please do something in the next release to make "speaker fill" set to default
"on".

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices