cant find new downloaded programs

Old August 27th 06, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Patty

Default cant find new downloaded programs

Its people like "2" who are too stupid to be human beings...its too bad that
post aren't scanned to keep out the holier than thou people who shouldn't be
in a position to help anyone... I also would like to know where to find files
that you download from the internet.

"2" wrote:

Too stupid for a beta OS.

When you help someone like this they will just be back in a few more
days with more stupid question.

This group is being flooded with moronic questions:
How do I get a product key
Where do I get a driver for xyz hardware
Won't install on my lapotop
Won't install on my computer circa 1968
My crappy video card won't run aero glass (the sky is falling)
My crappy sound card doesn't work
Can't figure out how to activate
Will my 16 bit program from 1992 run on Vista
How long can I use Vista Beta
How do I dual boot
I NEED STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO GET XP BACK
cannot delete windows.old file

Ignore them, children should only listen to adult conversations, not
be incouraged to join in.

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:01:02 -0700, nordic
wrote:

have installed vista ultimate over xp sp2...cannot find any new downloaded
programs after install of vista i.e. pc-cillin by trend-micro or lavasoft
anti spyware...it shows the download progress and where to (desktop) but an
install window never pops up and when i try to find the down loaded file it
is nowhere to be found...???

Old August 27th 06, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
AJR

Patty - I sympathizes with both you and "2" - both are "acceptable" views.
However "2" , although being correct, could have expressed himself in "a
kinder and gentler" way.

As to downloading from the internet - you are offered three options "Open",
"Save" or "Cancel. I personally recommend selecting the "Save" option.
Before the actual download - notice that you are asked where to save the
file - the default listed will be the location to which a file was last
saved.
You can select the location you prefer or will remember (My Documents is a
safe bet) - you can also give the file a name of your choice if you prefer.
Repeat - at the top of the download dialogue box the location will be
displayed and at the bottom the file name.

Old August 27th 06, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Tom Ziegmann

Depending on the build you are running you will most likely find the files
in your 'Documents' folder or in newer builds if you go to 'c:\Users\your
username\Downloads' you should be able to find your downloads.

Also if you know the filename you can do a search for the file.

Tom Ziegmann
Microsoft Certified Professional
Windows Vista / Server Longhorn Technical Beta Tester
Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Technical Beta Tester