Vista Banter

-   -   HP dvd640c (http://www.vistabanter.com/19258-hp-dvd640c.html)

Piotr Sawinski February 4th 07 11:10 AM

HP dvd640c

Hi,

I have installed without any problems WV Home Premium, but then I put 'HP
DVD Writer installation disc' in, and after having the drivers installed, my
cd-rom device disappered. Have somebody came across this kind of problem.
How to solve it, even when I uninstalled dvd writer, after founding new
hardware Windows see it as CD_ROM (exactly HP DVD640c) but still it doesn't
run (I can't see it in 'Computer' nor read any cd's)

Thanks for your help

Piotr

cash February 4th 07 08:51 PM

HP dvd640c

Article ID : 320553
Last Review : August 3, 2006
Revision : 4.2

The reg edit option worked for me -- useful solution to missing cdrom/dvd
drives.