Cruzer devise incompatible

Old February 8th 07, 01:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonymous

Default Cruzer devise incompatible

"PB Henry" wrote in
:

I too cannot get my new HP Pavillion 9230 with Vista Home Premium to
recognize my Cruzer Mini's (512, 1GB and 2GB).

I just had a long 'phone call with SanDisk support -- they confirm
that they currently don't have Vista drivers for the Cruzer Mini
family -- but they're working on it.

I've got a 2GB cruzer mini that works perfectly fine in Vista. Why do they
think they need to provide specific drivers anyways?
Old March 30th 07, 04:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BrokenBokkenProductions

I had a similar problem. I have a Sandisk 2.0 GB Cruzer Micro that came
pre-installed with U3. I took it to my XP Pro machine and disabled the
password. When I brought it back to vista, it detected it just fine. If you
double click on Launch U3 on the disk within vista, it states that the older
u3 is not compatible with vista.

According to http://www.everythingusb.com/u3.html you need to have u3 1.4+.
Place the drive in an XP machine and then go to settings - U3 Launchpad
settings, then on the left click automatic updates and then check for
updates. Update your launcher.

I did this and my launcher STILL doesn't work, but at least I can get into
my drive (even if I can't use the password)

"ChicksLoveChocolate" wrote:

I just got a new Dell laptop with Vista and it is incompatible with the micro
Cruzer 2.0 GB jump drive that I tried to use to transfer files that I need
on the laptop. Is there any way around this incompatibility and is it Vista
that is doing it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Old March 30th 07, 04:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BrokenBokkenProductions

Here is why it doesn't work.

http://u3user.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/u...i=&p_topview=1

For SanDisk smart drives: firmware (or device) versions 2.15, 2.16 and 2.21
support Vista while firmware releases 2.17, 2.18, and 2.20 do NOT support
Vista.

Please check your manufacturer's web site before upgrading to ensure there
are no restrictions on your smart drive that would make upgrading unfeasible.

To check the firmware version on your smart drive:

Open the U3 Launchpad
Choose About U3 Drive or Help and Support / About U3 Smart Drive (depending
on your manufacturer)
Note the Device Version. This is the firmware release.

If your firmware is not compatible for vista and you don't want to wait
until Q3 of this year fo sandisk to make a firmware update, you can try
http://portableapps.com/

Old May 15th 07, 12:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Scooperman

I have a micro Cruzer 4.0 GB Flash Drive. It installs on my Dell laptop on
Windows XP, but does not install on my PC using Windows XP. Although they say
it is compatible, it obviously has other incompatibilities.
Looking on Forums on Websites this seems to be a common problem, one of
their suggestions is that it has compatibility problems with Nero 7, that is
rubbish as I have Nero 7 on my laptop and PC?
I have phoned Technical Help on the ScanDisk site, waited 30 minutes and
then got cut off, they obviously can't be bothered, it is the last time I
will be a ScanDisk product.

Sorry I can't Help, but I've had a good moan, feel a little less stressed now.