AMD Cool'n'Quiet don't work in Vista?

Old February 4th 07, 07:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sven

Default AMD Cool'n'Quiet don't work in Vista?

How do I set the "powersetting" in RC2 to let my AMD 4800+ X2 make use of
Cool'n'quiet?
In WindowsXP it should be set at "Minimal Power Management", but there is no
such setting in Vista (or at least I can't find it). Will I have to get a
seperate driver for Vista from AMD to get it to work?
It did not work in RC2, and I can't get it to work now in a full Vista.
Can someone guide me through this point by point? TIA

Regards
Sven

Old February 4th 07, 08:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
koze

Power settings, select the advanced options, form there you can select all
needed options.

Ko.

"Sven" schreef in bericht

Old February 4th 07, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Detlev Rackow

koze schrieb:
Power settings, select the advanced options, form there you can select all
needed options.

There is one caveat: For c'n'q to work, the Bios needs to supply more
ACPI-information than was required in Windows XP. I.e. my MSI K9N Neo
requires at least Bios 1.6b3 (betaversion, the stable one will be 1.6)
for these settings to appear, although c'n'q worked in XP previously.

Regards,

Detlev
Old February 4th 07, 10:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mikeyhsd

if your mother board/bios supports it and it is turned on.
then power saver mode makes best use.
balanced is good to.

lots of people are finding that their bios/motherboard does not support C & Q in vista.

open up the advanced settings in one of the power options and see if you have a COMPUTER POWER section. if not then yours is not supported.

Old February 5th 07, 07:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
koze

Indeed for Vista you need always the latest (stable would be my suggestion)
BIOS version.
Ko.

"Detlev Rackow" schreef in bericht